For what purposes can funds be requested?
Congregations can ask for grants or loans for example:
- Assistance in funding building repairs, enhancements or purchase.
- Assistance in funding new ministry initiatives such as starting a new program (youth, music, outreach, etc.) or assisting in funding a new position (Youth Leader, Worship Leader, Administrator, Nursery Supervisor, etc.)
- Assistance in funding the calling of a Curate
- Seed Money for a Church Plant
Depending on the circumstances congregational grants may be one time lump sum or periodic payments for one, two or three years. Loans are generally for no longer than 5 years.
Clergy can ask for grants for:
- Coaching – Leadership Training
- Assistance in funding Sabbatical expenses
- Long Term Health Needs
Clergy grants will be either one time lump sum or payable periodically for one year. Coaching and Leadership training grants may be considered for renewal annually. Clergy with immediate or emergency financial needs should contact the Bishop or the Canon for Clergy Health directly.
What will not be considered
- Grants or Loans for purchase, rehabilitation or repair of buildings not owned by a congregation, institution or organization of the Diocese.
- Grants or Loans to fund normal operating expenses of a congregation, institution or organization of the Diocese.
- Grants or loans to fund existing or continuing program or position of a congregation, institution or organization of the Diocese.
- Personal loans to Clergy (Auto, home equity, bill consolidation, etc.)
Please use these forms as examples to help you prepare your application: