Peter Frank is the Rector of Church of the Epiphany in Chantilly, VA, (Senior Associate Rector 2011-14, Rector 2014-present). At Epiphany, Peter has led two facility moves, organized worship at five locations, planned, funded, and completed a $1.5 million building renovation, instituted a new direction for the church, and built outreach relationships with an assisted-living home and a local public school. Before Epiphany, Peter was the Communications Director for the Diocese of Pittsburgh, the Anglican Communion Network, and the Anglican Church in North America (2004-2009). While in Pittsburgh, Peter was assisting clergy at Nativity in Crafton and Grace Edgeworth and Mount Washington (2008-2011). Peter and his wife Andrea have been married 19 years and have two daughters.
Family: Peter and Andrea have been married for 19 years. They have two daughters, Cecilia (11) and Clare (8), and an eight-month-old rambunctious hound dog named Copper.
Current Position: Rector, Church of the Epiphany, Chantilly, VA
Past Work Experience:
Before attending seminary, Peter worked as a newspaper editor in Minnesota (2000-2003). Peter has also worked as a photographer, short-order cook, and (very briefly) as a forest fire fighter.
- M.Div. Trinity School for Ministry in Ambridge, PA
- B.A. Concordia College in Moorhead MN – Major: Classical Studies, Minor: Religion
Diocesan or Church Service:
- Chair of the Examining Chaplains of the Diocese of the Mid-Atlantic (2017-present)
- Member of the Anglican Church in North America’s ecumenical dialogue with the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod and the Lutheran Church – Canada (2014-present)
- GAFCON 2018 Jerusalem Worship Team member and Closing Eucharist clergy emcee
- Inaugural Standing Committee of the Diocese of the Mid-Atlantic (2011-2014)
- Communications lead for the ACNA Inaugural Assembly in Bedford Texas (2009)
- GAFCON 2008 North America communications lead
Peter is an avid reader of history and theology and sometimes unwinds by playing computer games. He and his wife, Andrea, also love travel, the outdoors, cooking, entertaining friends, and watching “All Creatures Great and Small” on PBS with their daughters.
Where I experience passion in ministry:
- Helping people struggling with their faith find their home in the church and their doubts met
- Leading worship that gives glory and honor and praise to our awesome God
- Aligning church systems, structures and budget to church ministry and mission
- Preaching the whole Gospel from the whole Bible
- Leading the church into the broader community with the Gospel for spiritual needs and practical help for physical needs
- Pastoring people and families through the ups and downs of life
- Encouraging generosity