The Anglican Relief and Development Fund (ARDF) works alongside strategic partners to alleviate suffering through disaster relief and to foster the flourishing of communities through development projects, expanding the Kingdom of Christ through tangible works of compassion. We do this by mutually crossing cultural and economic boundaries; focusing on Africa, Asia, and Latin America; supporting holistic, community-based relief and development projects that incorporate evangelism; using the highest quality project research and outcome evaluation available; and partnering with US churches to build a culture of global engagement and mission.
ARDF is seeking an administrative assistant for a part-time, 20-hour-per-week position located in Ambridge, Pennsylvania (ARDF’s headquarters), or in the Cleveland/Chattanooga, Tennessee area (near ARDF’s executive director), or possibly remote for an exceptionally qualified candidate. The candidate will coordinate his/her work with other administrative staff in support of the ARDF executive director and full-time staff. While some training will be provided, the candidate must have ample administrative and communication experience, be able to operate at a high level with minimal supervision, and be able to travel if needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with donors, partners, etc. over various platforms (email, phone, text, etc.); enter contact with donors into donor database
- Plan events (board meetings, Global Council meetings, fundraising events)
- Manage printing of materials
- Execute mailings
- Process state charitable registrations
- Coordinate staff meetings, establishing agendas, and other meeting tasks
- Assist with Google Analytics
- Handle other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Proficient use of software (Microsoft Office; Adobe Acrobat; Google Analytics; donor database; and collaborative apps such as Zoom, Google Docs/Sheets, and Favro)
- Adept at both email and verbal communication, especially in a global context
- Possess cross-cultural sensitivities
- Enjoy being organized and efficient; eager to learn
- Prior nonprofit experience a plus
- Experience working with a remote workforce a plus
- Able to pass a background check and drug test Christian Faith
- Possess a heart for the marginalized around the world
- Profess Christian beliefs as outlined in the Apostles and Nicene Creeds
- Familiarity with the Anglican church strongly preferred
The Administrative Assistant position pays $18/hour.