"Discerning a Call to the Diaconate"
What is a deacon?
What does the diaconate mean to the church?
Does God want me to consider becoming a deacon?
If you are interested in exploring the answers to these questions, please consider registering for:
“Discerning a call to the Diaconate”
This course is a “no strings attached” inquirer’s course.
Everyone is welcome, whether you’re just curious or convinced that you’re called to the diaconate.
April 30, May 7, 21 and 28
Church of the Ascension, Oakland
And "beyond the 'Burgh'" via Skype.
Discerning a call to the Diaconate is a series of four seminars designed to explore the ministry of the vocational deacon and the role of the deacon in the Anglican Diocese of Pittsburgh and in the church as a whole.
The course will:
- Examine the biblical understanding of the deacon, and Christ’s own servant ministry.
- Engage in discernment of our vocation and spiritual gifts for ministry (lay or ordained)
- Examine the emerging role of the diaconate in the contemporary Church and the Anglican Diocese of Pittsburgh
- Explore the full range of diaconal ministry through conversations with deacons of the diocese as well as priests and our bishop.
- Introduce the prospective deacon to the formation program and the ordination process for the Anglican Diocese of Pittsburgh.
For more information, please contact Deacon Tara Jernigan, D.Min., Director of Deacon Formation. Phone: 724-266-1528 Email: Jernigan.Tara.L@gmail.com
Download and complete the brochure/registration form here.
More in Official Diocesan Blog
June 20, 2018GAFCON Update from Bishop Jim: First Impressions
June 20, 2018GAFCON Update from Bishop Jim: Who's Here
June 18, 2018New Developments Coming to Diocesan Staff Structure